Saturday 10 August 2013

DEMONSTRATIVES:THIS-THESE-THAT-THOSE:English Grammar & Accent Lesson Online With Speaking Practice

Posted by Nash Biani               


                  ABSOLUTE BEGINNER COURSE

                              SPOKEN ENGLISH


                                    Lesson 5
                                                               (Part 3)

             English Grammar :Demonstratives 

                          this-these-that-those

                                  Section III

                     VOCABULARY & COLLOCATIONS




The importance of speaking aloud when

 you want to learn to speak English.

It's a very simple idea: the more you speak English, the better will your English be and the sooner will you become fluent in speaking English. Whether the sentence or phrase is long or short, doesn't matter. If the sentence or phrase is small, say it. If it is big or long, say it. You have to say it aloud. This means you should be able to hear your voice. Reading silently will not help you at all. So, please open your mouth and speak.
Most of the collocations in this lesson are very small but you should not think that just because they are small, they are not important. Trust me when I tell you, all of them are very useful.

You will need to use them all the time. In fact, you will use most of them almost every day. 

Let's look at a few of these collocations and see how they will help us improve our spoken English. The first phrase we have in the list is - this is my... . This means in Hindi-Urdu - yeh mera ______ hai. Of course, in the blank space, you will say a noun or a noun phrase. For example, you might need to say,"Yeh meri kitaab hai." You will say in English,"This is my book."  If you want to say,"Yeh meri kitaaben hain." you should say, "These are my books."

If you want to say,"Yeh meri college ki kitaaben hain." you should say, "These are my college books." Other examples can be, "This is my brother." "That's my elder brother."
Someone has come to your office and you are giving them a cheque - "This is your cheque."
If there are a few bills to be given, you will say, "These are your bills.

So you see, these small collocations are very useful. We must practise them well so that when we need to use them, they should come readily to our lips and we should sound proper when we speak them.


ENGLISH AAM SPOKEN ENGLISH 

COLLOCATIONS BOOK



this is my...

these are my...
this is our...
these are our...
this is your...
these are your...
this is their...
these are their...
this is his...
these are his...
this is her...
these are her...
this is its...
these are its...

that's my...
those are my...
that's our... 
those are our...
that's your...
those are your...
that's their...
those are their...
that's his...
those are his...
that's her...
those are her...
that's its...
those are its...

that's not fair
that's not correct
that's right
that's okay
those are my pencils
those are my books
those are my classmates
those trees are beautiful
these flowers are lovely
those are my albums
these are my albums
this is my album
that's my album
that's a good idea
this is perfect
this is my brother
this is my brother Rohan
that's my shirt
that's my sister over there
that's my car
that shirt is dirty


LESSONS IN ABSOLUTE

BEGINNER COURSE

CHAPTER 1






No comments :

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.